Amber alerts, but more generic and less features. (July 2018)
A couple of months ago, a tanker explosion happened in Lagos. A lot of people lost their lives. And then:
- Client - Angular 6
- API - Node v8
- Server - Heroku dyno
- File storage - Cloudinary
- Github - Frontend, API
- Frontend to create and view alerts.
- Site built as PWA so can be saved to screens.
- Push notifications on new alerts.
- This awesome, well-written about page.
- Better name e.g. meerkat
- Differentiate incident responses from regular safety concerns/risks (Alert types)
- Actual locations - using google map search to get coordinates, or use user’s current location
- Subscribe to receive alerts (all or a particular location, or within a 25-mile radius of a location)
- Ranking locations (Safety score)
- Send incident responses to emergency services
- Historical data visualization. View data like number of incidents reported, safety score etc as layers on an interactive map.
- Logo and better branding
If you have any ideas on how to improve this further, feel free to reach out.